Wednesday, October 7, 2015

September (in October)

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly- September 2015

September was a busy month- as evidenced by the fact that we didn’t get a single blog written- a first in our ten year blogging history.  Here’s  our month in a nutshell:
  • Tanner went through an intense fear of spiders which caused some very difficult bedtimes complete with crying and screaming fits. He appears to be over it now but we suspect is may have been due to his slight Minecraft addiction.
  • The boys each had baseball games each Saturday. Loved every second of it! Fall Ball is awesome because the weather is perfect.  Dad came each week to watch his grandsons and cheer. 
  • Jake had a girlfriend. She broke up with him. Jake has a new girlfriend.  He went on a “group date” to the movies where he held her hand. I had small mental breakdown worrying about my preteen and lamenting the fact that his childhood as I knew it is pretty much gone now that he is in middle school.  Both loving and hating these days of “growing up”.  
  • Dad tried to take up tennis again. Ten minutes into his first “practice” with his caregiver, John, I  got a phone call from him at the ER. 7 staples in his head and 4 hours later we picked up pulled pork sandwiches and headed back to paramount where I took his tennis racquet and balls back home with me. He’s fine now. He got really lucky. 
  • I officially began my new job as “West Coast Director of Implementation” for TTM. I am challenged daily but not overwhelmed. Feeling very happy and fulfilled on the work front.
  • All the kids settled into their new grade levels with ease. They continue to do well in school and, more importantly, continue to love it. 
  • We went to Old Time Farm Days where Tanner and Jake learned to shoot arrows. Now Tanner wants lessons. Maybe our love of the show Arrow has something to do with it….
  • NFL began.  Sundays mostly see us dividing and conquering: Brian does laundry while watching games, monitoring his weekly Draft Kings lineup, and comparing stats with the boys. Jake eats lunch with Papa and plays poker and pool, I grocery shop, and Faith watches way too many Minecraft videos

No comments:

Post a Comment